Permanent Representation of the Kingdom of the Netherlands at the OECD France
Currently in the spotlights
|Address||7, rue Eblé 75007 Paris France|
(+33) 1 4062 3313
OECD and the G20
FORUM 31 May-1 June / MCM 1-2 June
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)
International Transport Forum (ITF)
August 24, 2016 The construction industry employs approximately 7% of the global work force and it is predicted to account for approximately 13% of GDP by 2020. The sector is a major positive force for development. However, large scale construction projects, such as those involving development of infrastructure, can come with significant impacts on local communities such as displacement and environmental damage. Furthermore, labour rights issues are particularly salient in this sector as it relies strongly on migrant labour and workers are predominantly unskilled and earn low-wages.
July 15, 2016 Prof. Dr. Roel Nieuwenkamp, Chair, OECD Working Party on Responsible Business Conduct, sheds light on the “do no harm” side of corporate responsibility. The private sector has an important role to play in economic and social development. Private sector growth can create jobs, contribute to human capital development and lead to innovative ways to tackle climate change, among other positive economic and social effects. Innovative businesses are needed to solve major sustainability challenges.
- Sweden’s Charlotte Petri Gornitzka appointed new DAC Chair
- Seminar “THE FUTURE OF WORK: SELF-EMPLOYMENT IN THE NETHERLANDS”
- Francois Hollande, President of France, opening the Anti-Corruption Practitioner Conference at OECD
- The Ministerial Council Meeting (MCM) Dinner 2 June 2016 under the chairmanship of Chile
- Family photo of the Ministerial Council Meeting (MCM)